The Hornbill Suite in the Sylee Tea Bungalow is one of the largest suite rooms available on the property. Named after the great hornbills that can be sighted on our property, this charming suite, built in 1898, are decorated with exquisite colonial taste.
Includes: Morning tea, Breakfast, Lunch, Evening Tea with snacks & Dinner. *Complimentary visit to Tea Estate and Tea factory.
Features of the Suite:
- This grand suite is on the upper level of the bungalow with antique wooden stairs leading you to the extravagant rooms
- Almost 650 sq. ft in size, these rooms spacious and offer sweeping views of the Himalayas
- Dressing area of 50 sq.ft to cater to your personal comfort
- The suite room is adorned with elegant furniture which includes antique king-size bed, cupboard, dressers, writing desk and chair The sitting area is adorned with comfortable wooden sofas .
- A small private balcony allows you to step out and savor the garden and mountain views
- Relax in front of a crackling fire or sit in your private balcony which overlooks the lawn and the unending tea bushes to enjoy the peace and tranquil beauty that Octavius is famous for
- Windows cover the entire length of the outer wall of the suite, which give you an excellent view of the daintily cut tea bushes
- The spacious bathroom is fitted with modern amenities including a walk-in rain shower.
These antique bungalows have been converted to a tea resort with much passion, thoughtfulness and commitment ensuring that heritage has been retained and history has been kept alive.
However, to keep to our conventional requirements and desired comforts, the bungalows have been renovated with modern amenities.
Staying in these places itself is undoubtedly an enticing experience as this beautifully themed working plantation retreat gives “A close interaction with nature and heritage”.